* AIG talks with the U.S. government about ending taxpayer aid.
* AT&T connects local search to emotions in new marketing campaign.
* Dell shifts focus back to big business.
* Gatorade plunges into social media to help revive flagging brand.
* Google Instant challenges brands with more than one name.[more]
* Green Mountain plans to acquire fellow coffee roaster Van Houtte.
* Hearst‘s new revenue stream: meat?
* Home Depot benefits from women fans’ interest in SEC college football.
* Kraft aims for rapid expansion in China.
* Lehman faces more than $2 billion in bankruptcy-related fees.
* NFL Sunday Night Football posts strong ratings for NBC.
* Procter & Gamble, AT&T, GM and other major brand owners boosted second-quarter advertising spending by double digits.
* Ritz-Carlton lowers itself to adding a loyalty program.
* Toyota plans six new hybrid models for 2012.
* Volkswagen‘s incoming CEO, Jonathan Browning, will focus on shoring up its global sales efforts.
* Volvo sets plant openings in China in bid to boost brand globally.
* Wonderbra launches 3D billboard in London, worrying road-safety officials.