Yahoo, which has been expanding its premium content partnerships, is bringing that content smorgasbord from its media and brand partners to the iPad with Livestand, described as “a personalized living magazine designed for iPad.” More details in the press release below.[more]
Yahoo! Launches Livestand, a Personalized Living Magazine for iPad
Content from more than 100 publications comes to life in a new, visually stunning experience
Yahoo! Inc., the premier digital media company, today announced the availability of Livestand from Yahoo! ― a personalized living magazine designed first for iPad — available exclusively on the App Store at launch. Livestand weaves together content from leading third-party publishers and Yahoo!’s global media network to create a visually stunning and deeply personalized digital experience tailored to people’s interests and passions. Livestand is built on Yahoo!’s new Cocktails platform, which powers rapid development and distribution of experiences globally.
“Tablets are profoundly changing how we interact with media and Livestand captures that shift in a deeply personal and imaginative new experience,” said Blake Irving, EVP and chief product officer at Yahoo!, from a press event at the company’s Sunnyvale headquarters. “No one does personalization better than Yahoo!. The technology behind Livestand, combined with its stunning design and fantastic variety of content, redefines what digital media can be.”
Features of Livestand from Yahoo! include:
* My Library: A living, personal collection of publications and topics.
* Personal Mix: A personalized magazine that is customized by tagging topics and articles.
* Yahoo! Today: A new Yahoo! publication, exclusive to Livestand, that captures personalized daily essentials like weather, stocks, entertainment news, sports, and TV listings.
* News for You: A personalized set of headlines continuously updated 24/7.
* Content Guide: An ever-expanding directory of all the content in Livestand organized by topic for easy discovery and browsing.
Visually Rich Design
* Intuitive navigation: All content in Livestand is easy to find, plays within the app, and is easy to share via email or Facebook.
* New design formats: With features such as News in Pictures and Sports in Pictures, Livestand presents timely stories and headlines in new, visually compelling ways.
* Optimized for tablets: Whether it’s presenting the latest recipes, timely tweets, breaking news, or blog posts, the layout on Livestand is optimized to look its best on iPad.
Premium Content All in One Place
* Leading third-party publishers: At launch, Livestand includes more than 100 popular titles and topics, including content from publishers such as ABC News, Bonnier (Parenting), Forbes, and Source Interlink Media (Bike, Powder, Surfer) — with more added weekly.
* Flagship Yahoo! content: At Launch, Livestand features content from major Yahoo! sites such as News, Finance, Sports, and omg!.
* Diverse topics: Livestand organizes content according to easy to navigate topics, such as Arts and Culture, Business and Finance, Sports, and Technology.
Unmatched Creative Canvas for Advertising
* Living Ads from Yahoo!: A first-of-its-kind immersive, interactive, and adaptable digital ad that uses video to increase engagement and take full advantage of the tactile and motion-sensing capabilities of tablets.
* Image ads: Simple and elegant, this magazine-style ad enables brand creative to be used on tablet devices to engage target audiences.
Toyota and DreamWorks Pictures, Yahoo!’s official Livestand advertising partners at launch, debuted new campaigns today:
* Toyota will be running a Living Ad execution along with a Rich Media unit to promote the new Prius v launching in November. The Prius v Living Ad enables Toyota to bring the Prius to life for consumers in a way never before seen on a tablet device.
* DreamWorks Pictures debuts a highly interactive rich media campaign on Livestand promoting their upcoming holiday film: “War Horse” set for release on December 25th, 2011.
Pricing and Availability
Livestand from Yahoo! is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com (http://www.itunes.com/appstore). Now available in the United States, Livestand will expand to additional platforms and international markets throughout 2012.
For more information about Livestand from Yahoo!, visit Livestand.com and our company blog, Yodel Anecdotal, at http://yodel.yahoo.com. You can also follow Livestand updates and news on Twitter (@Yahoolivestand) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/livestandfromyahoo).