Interbrand Regional Director EMEA/LatAm Rebecca Robins, co-author of Meta-luxury, shares her highlights for the week in luxury:
- “An eclectic and electric array in the @Burberry show finale,” as Rebecca shared live from front row at the Burberry Show. And a pivotal time, as this marked the last womenswear show at Burberry, before it launches its unified collection in September and makes the move direct from runway to retail.
- A fusion of “tradition, modernity and underlying rebellion” heralds the road ahead @MulberryEngland under Johnny Coca with a super piece via @LizziePaton in The New York Times. “A cautionary tale for brands that get caught in the no-man’s land of luxury,” says Rebecca Robins. “Brand clarity and credibility will be crucial to winning back consumers and to capturing hearts anew.”
— Mulberry (@MulberryEngland) February 29, 2016
- Marking a moment in cultural history on Monday: Henry E. Steinway celebrating his birthday on this day 1797. And with recent innovation Spirio, collaborations with Lalique, the brand is championing that culture of excellence and making it relevant for new generations.
- Names to watch. “A constellation of rising stars” set to fuel the future of #Italianfashion via @LizziePaton.
- The true meaning of sustainability in luxury. @Cucinelli on #brand #community and a #culture across generations.
- Manus x Machina. Where human genius dances with #technology. A preview of @MetMuseum‘s celebration of excellence.
Get more insights in our Luxury Watch series