Google—the #2 Best Global Brand—is promoting its new donut-sized Mini smart speaker with donut-filled pop-ups that start opening this weekend. As noted Friday on Instagram, “Today we launched our new donut-sized #GoogleHome Mini, and we built a donut shop to celebrate. On tour now in the U.S. and Canada, get a taste before it hits stores.”
Starting this weekend, Google is hosting pop-ups across the U.S. in partnership with local donut bakers (such as Doughnut Plant in New York) to promote the speaker with giveaways, pink conveyor belts, doughnut vending machines and a sprinkle booth.
In the Venice area? Stop by our pop-up donut shop in Abbot Kinney for a chance to win a Google Home Mini! Open today & tomorrow 10am-6pm. pic.twitter.com/3U8No4tOTU
— Made by Google (@madebygoogle) October 7, 2017
• New York: Oct. 4-8, 465 West Broadway in Soho
• San Francisco: Oct. 4, Oct. 14-15, 432 Octavia St.
• Los Angeles: Oct. 7-8, 1515 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice
• Brooklyn: Oct. 20-22, Jane’s Carousel, Brooklyn Bridge Park.
• Austin: Oct. 21-22, 80-82 Rainey St.
• Oklahoma City: Oct. 28-29, 399 NW 10th St.
• Madison, Wis.: Nov. 2, 1415 Engineering Dr.
• Chicago: Nov. 4-5, 435 N. Michigan Ave.
• Indianapolis: Nov. 4-5, West Georgia Street.
• St. Louis: Nov. 9, 4270 Duncan.
Update: Some scenes from the opening weekend in NY and CA:
I waited til today to visit the #googlehome #nyc popup shop because I thought the rain would keep people at bay, but I was wrong. 45 minutes later, I walked in, asked the Mini if dogs could eat ice cream (you have to choose from a selection of questions to ask), and the conveyor belt spit out a brand new Google Home Mini for me to take home! Honestly would've been OK with winning the donuts, but scored a delightful surprise. Thanks @madebygoogle!