Posted by Shirley Brady on December 6, 2011 08:10 PM
After American Airlines threw him off a flight today for refusing to stop playing Words With Friends and turn off his iPhone, actor Alec Baldwin tweeted this photo with the hashtag, #theresalwaysunited. Below, see how the saga unfolded on Twitter.
Baldwin recounted the saga on his Twitter feed thusly:
• Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. #nowonderamericaairisbankrupt
• But, oddly, 30 Rock plays inflight on American. #theresalwaysunited
• United Airlines should buy Words With Friends.
• “@BrookeBCNN: . @alecbaldwin hey friend, words w friends: game worth uploading...?! #neverheardofit ” It's...well....addicting
• Now on the 3 o'clock American flight. The flight attendants already look.....smarter.
• #theresalwaysunited Last flight w American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950's find jobs as flight attendants.
• Now, as I was kicked off this flight, the word I was playing was UNITED
• My words with friends user name is now #theresalwaysunited
• United shud hav app onboard where u can play WWF w other passengers. American shud have app where u read the new testament w flt attendants